How to Get Help

You may telephone our offices between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the phone numbers listed below. You may be interviewed by phone when you call, or advised to come in for an in-person interview, or asked to leave your name and number for a call back when an intake person is available. At the time of your first interview, you should have available all documents relating to your legal problem.

If you need special accommodations to access our services, we can make arrangements. Please contact the office nearest you to request assistance.

If you are a migrant or seasonal farmworker, please call our Farmworker Legal Services office.

Washtenaw County Office: Map
(Includes Michigan Advocacy Program Administration)
15 S. Washington Street
Ypsilanti, MI  48197
Phone: (734) 665-6181
Toll-free: 1-888-665-6181
Fax: (734) 665-2974

Family Law Project
(Washtenaw County Domestic Violence Cases Only)
15 S. Washington Street
Ypsilanti, MI  48197
Phone: (734) 998-9454
Fax: (734) 998-9125

Battle Creek Office: Map
(Barry, Branch & Calhoun Counties)
123 W Territorial Rd.
Battle Creek, MI 49015
Phone: (269) 965-3951
Toll-free: 1-800-688-3951
Fax: (269) 965-4874

Jackson Office: Map
(Jackson & Hillsdale Counties)
540 N. Jackson St.
Jackson, MI 49201
Phone: (517) 787-6111
Fax: (517) 787-5805

Lansing Office: Map
(Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, Livingston, and Shiawassee Counties)
3490 Belle Chase Way, #50
Lansing, MI 48911
Phone: 888-783-8190

Fax: (517) 394-4276

Monroe Office: Map
(Monroe & Lenawee Counties)
898 S. Telegraph Rd.
Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (734) 241-8310
Toll-free: 1-888-251-1598
Fax: (734) 241-1381

Farmworker Legal Services: Map
3030 S. 9th St Ste. 1A
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Phone: (269) 492-7190
fax: (269) 492-7198

FLS is also a direct services component of the Michigan Advocacy Program. FLS provides free civil legal assistance to low income migrant and seasonal farmworkers throughout the state.

If you'd like to see how to get to any of the offices, please click on the maps linked above for door-to-door directions, or call the office for directions.

In order to obtain legal assistance, new clients need to contact the individual office listed above.